Diabetes meal plan recipes
A diabetic diet differs from a regular diet. It is important to have the right meal plan for people with diabetes. A list of diabetes meal plan recipes carefully selected for your meal planning purposes follows.
Chocolate Pudding Pie
Good for 6 Servings
- Instant chocolate pudding (1 package) – 3 ounces
- Milk (fat – free) – 2 cups
- Graham crackers – 6
- Whipped Topping – 6 tbps
- For garnish you can add sprinkles (optional)
- Add pudding and milk in a medium sized bowl. Whisk it evenly until ingredients are properly mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate the pudding till it thickens. (for about 5 minutes)
- For each graham cracker crust, spoon one third cup of the prepared pudding.
- Top each one with a tbsp of whipped topping.
- Garnish with sprinkles and serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis (Per serving)
- Calories 211
- Protein 4 g
- Carbohydrate 32 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Sodium 388 mg
- Cholesterol 2 mg
- Total fat 7 g
- Potassium 113 mg
- Saturated fat 2 g
- Calcium 76 mg
- Monounsaturated fat 0 g
Makes 8 servings
- Cold water – 2 tbsp
- Unflavoured gelatine – 1 envelope
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Skim milk (heated almost to boiling) – 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 1 to 2
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Vanilla – 1 tsp
- Cottage cheese (low – fat) – 2 cups
- You can also optionally add lemon zest
- In a container, combine lemon juice and gelatine.
- For 1 to 2 minutes, process the gelatine on low speed for it to soften. Add milk until the gelatine that is being processed is dissolved.
- Add egg, vanilla, cheese and sugar to the blender container and process on high speed.
- Prepare a flat plate and pour the processed substance. Refrigerate it for 2 to 3 hours. Top it with grated lemon zest before serving (optional).
Nutritional Analysis – Per Serving
- Cholesterol 3 mg
- Potassium 89 mg
- Carbohydrate 10 g
- Protein 9 g
- Sodium 200 mg
- Fiber Trace
- Total fat Trace
- Calcium 55 mg
- Saturated fat Trace
- Monounsaturated fat 1 g
Spicy Seafood and Chicken Gumbo with Rice
- Canned chicken broth – 6 cups (fat-free no salt added)
- Plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped with juice – 1 14 1/2-ounce (no salt added)
- Medium size White onion – 1, 6 ounces (finely minced)
- Garlic – 3 cloves (minced)
- Celery – 1 cup (chopped)
- Parsley – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Bay leaves – 2
- Dried oregano – 1 teaspoon (crushed)
- Dried thyme – 1 teaspoon (crushed)
- Raw medium shrimp – 1 pound ( peeled and deveined)
- Crabmeat – 4 ounces
- Worcestershire sauce – 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper to taste – ½ teaspoon
- Fresh okra – 1 pound (tops and stems removed, cut into rings)
- 2 cups cooked long grain rice
- Scallions (chopped including some green)
- In a large put, put the chicken broth, onion, garlic, tomatoes with their juice, celery, bay leaves, parsley, thyme and oregano. Bring to boil and reduce the heat afterwards. Let it simmer for ten minutes.
Add shrimp, cooked chicken, cayenne, crab-meat and Worcestershire. Simmer for another ten minutes.
- Add okra and cook for about five minutes. Remove the bay leaves when the okra is already tender.
- Ladle into soup bowls. Place 1/3 cup of cooked rice on top of each serving. Sprinkle with scallions for garnish.
Nutrition Information Per Serving:
- Proteim – 26 g
- Total fat – 4g
- Carbohydrate – 28 g
- Sodium – 306 mg
- Cholesterol – 128 mg
- Calories – 255
- Dietary Fiber – 4 g
Apples with Dip
Good for 4 servings
- Cream cheese (fat – free) – 8 ounces
- brown sugar – 2 tbsp
- vanilla – 1 1/2 tsp
- chopped peanuts – 2 tbsp
- orange juice – 1/2 cup
- 4 cored and sliced apples
- Let the cream cheese soften for about five minutes.
- It is easy to make your own dip, just combine the following in a bowl and mix it evenly: vanilla, brown sugar, and cream cheese. Add in the chopped peanuts afterwards
- Meanwhile, place the apples in a separate bowl. To prevent the apples from browning, sprinkle them with the orange juice.
- Serve the sliced apples with the prepared dip, and it is done, that easy!
Nutritional Analysis (Per serving)
- Protein 10 g
- Calories 177
- Total fat 3 g
- Carbohydrate 28 g
- Monounsaturated fat 1g
- Sodium 326 mg
- Cholesterol 4 mg
- Potassium 305 mg
- Fiber 4 g