Diabetic neuropathy icd 9 code are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions.
Diabetic nephropathy is a kidney disorder that can arise as a result of complications of diabetes mellitus (DM) either type 1 or 2, characterized by the presence of albuminuria (micro/makroalbuminuria).
Diabetic nephropathy occurs due to complications of diabetes and hypertension that caused the onset of chronic kidney disease. Diabetic nephropathy is characterized by proteinuria. From the detection of early stage of proteinuria (Microalbuminuria) to diabetic nephropathy, lasted from monthly to yearly. Therefore, early detection of Microalbuminuria is done to maintain kidney function or inhibit the further decline in kidney function.
Diabetes is a disease that is socialized. IDF said that about 177 million people worldwide were infected with the disease, and most are type-2. Meanwhile, the WHO suspect that data was increased to 300 million people in the next 25 years.
Diabetic neuropathy icd 9 suffered
According to the study the prevalence of Microalbuminuria (MAPS) in Asia, almost 60 percent of patients with hypertension in diabetic type-2 diabetic nephropathy suffered (by 18.8 percent and 39.8 percent makroalbuminuria Microalbuminuria). The data presented at the 20th Congress of the International Diabetes Federation 18 (IDF-August 26, 2003) in Paris, France.
The pathogenesis of renal disorder in diabetics can not be explained with certainty. The initial disturbance on the network as the basis for the occurrence of renal nephropathy is the process of hiperfiltrasi-hiperfasi the basal membrane of the glomerulus. Seems to be a variety of factors play a role in the onset of the disorder. Increased glucose chronical (glukotoksisitas) in patients who have a genetic predisposition is a factor-the main factors that cause nephropathy.
The basal membrane of the Glukotoksisitas can flow through 2:
- Metabolic Flow (metabolic pathway): Glucose can react in a non-enzymatic process with free amino acids produce Age (Advanced glycosylation end-products). Increase in Age will cause damage to the glomerulus of the kidney.
- Flow of Polyol (polyol pathway): an increase in sarbitol in the network due to the increasing reduction of glucose by the enzyme aldose reductase activity. Improvement of sarbitol will lead to decreased levels of mioinositol osmolaritas disorders causing basal membrane
Diabetic neuropathy symptoms has no clinical. Symptoms arise at the level of the end and is the result of eksresi protein a lot through urinalysis or eventually will develop renal failure.
The complaints and symptoms in patients with diabetic nephropathy can vary from asymptomatic (phase I s/d III) until the symptoms of severe uremia (stage IV s/d V). Uremia symptoms may include lethargy, anorexia, nausea, vomiting is accompanied by anaemia, overhidrasi, acidosis, hypertension, convulsions to coma Diathesis. In addition to diabetes nephropathy sufferers is often accompanied by other micro/makrovaskular complications such as neuropathy, diabetic cerebrovascular disease or disorders and disorders of lipid profile. i think, knowledge about diabetic neuropathy symptoms need for everyone.
Below, signs of diabetic neuropathy :
- Swelling, usually around the eyes in the morning and then to the rest of the body
- Foaming Urine
- Added unintentional weight loss (due to fluid buildup)
- Swelling in the feet
- Reduced appetite
- Nausea and vomiting
- Thorough pain
- Recurrent Hiccups
Diabetic neuropathy pathophysiology
The main manifestations of the disease are diabetic proteinuria glomerulus. Initially only small amounts of albumin 15-40 micrograms/min diekresi especially after physical exercise (Microalbuminuria). Glomerulus filtration rate initially increased and then down towards normal in conjunction with the emergence of proteinuria is clear. Urine sediments typically do not usually suffer abnormalities, although mikrohematuria and or piuria can also appear in case of complications of a urinary tract infection or necrosis papilaris. Hypertension occurs when Microalbuminuria appears, and at the time of LFG down from its normal levels. If a heavy, preferably hipertensinya suspected of being left aterosklerotik artery stenosis complication. Hiperkloremik mild metabolic acidosis occurs frequently.
- Suffer from diabetes mellitus (DM) either DMTJ or DMTTJ based on the symptom anamimnesis DM/DM treatment history and fasting blood sugar laboratory examination of ≥ 126 mg% and blood glucose 2 hours after meal ≥ 200 mg%
- Microalbuminuria or Albuminuria: makroalbuminuria
- Microalbuminuria: urinary albumin eksresi in between 20-200?? g/min or 30-300 mg/24 hours
- Makroalbuminuria: when urine albumin excretion > 200? g/min or > 300 mg/24 hours
- The presence of diabetic retinopathy on examination of funduskopi eyes
- Kidney Biopsy showed a picture of the glomerulus, glomerulosklerosis hypertrophy and arteriolar hialinosis